The simple knot for ties
1. Start with the back of the tie that is turned away from you, the wide end is to the right and the small end is to the left. The tip of the small end should be slightly over the belly (this depends on your height and the length and thickness of your necktie). Move only the active (broad) end.
2. Far end under the small end to the left.
3. Over the small end to the right.
4. From the bottom of the neck loop.
5. Down through the loop you just made in the front.
6. Pull down at the wide end. Slide the knot up to adjust.